Deliverable Length: 400–600 words
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
As a regional manager for ABC Manufacturing, your duties will include negotiating contracts with vendors to maintain production and transportation schedules. Because you just came on board, the chief operating officer (COO) has asked you to address the senior team leaders on the importance of contract negotiations in vendor selection. You begin the meeting by asking each leader to provide his or her understanding of what negotiating means, and the importance of negotiating in supply chain management. In addition, you ask the leaders to identify 3 key members of the contract negotiating team.
Describe the following:
- Part 1: What does negotiation mean in today’s business environment?
- Part 2: What role does contract negotiations play in the vendor selection process?
- Part 3: Identify the roles and responsibility of at least 3 key members of the contract negotiation team.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.