Week 5 Communications Plan and Project Leadership Strategy Discussion Paper
In the previous weeks, you explored communication, leadership, motivation, conflict management, and consensus. In Week 1, you assessed your own strengths and weaknesses, both in your leadership style and your communications style, to further develop the weak areas and take advantage of your strengths. In Week 2, you looked at several theories around motivation and selected the ones that are most appropriate for motivating your project team. In Week 3, you analyzed the causes and types of conflicts and stress that could exist for this project team. In Week 4, you used this knowledge to develop a conflict management strategy as well as determine a method for a consensus decision-making approach.
This week, you will use all of the information you have learned about yourself, the project team, and the organization as a whole to deliver transparent project communications. You will also finalize the project leadership strategy that you will utilize for the political organization challenges, preparing the stakeholders for change, and leading your project team as high-performance contributors.
The overall project deliverables are as follows:
- Update the previously completed sections based on your instructor’s feedback.
- Create the following new sections:
- Communications Plan
- Prepare a plan for overall project management communications with project stakeholders, including who you are going to communicate with (i.e. Sponsor, team members, government, customer and etc), about what, how often (i.e. once a week, daily, monthly, quarterly and etc), and type and via what means (i.e. monthly virtual meetings, weekly stand up meetings; PPT, Face-to-Face, email etc.
- Project Leadership Strategy
- Describe a leadership strategy you will use, and any challenges as it pertains to your project in terms of the organization and any politics that may exist.
- Describe a leadership strategy you will use in terms of the project team and developing them into a high-performance team.
- Describe a leadership strategy you will use in terms of preparing project stakeholders for the change brought about by the delivery of the selected project.
- Communications Plan
- Update the Key Assignment title page with a new date and project name.
- Be sure to update your table of contents before submission.
- Name the document “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_MPM460_IP5.doc.”
previous KEY ASSIGNMENT ATTACHED