University of Phoenix Issue of Controversial Literature Presentation
create a 10-12 slide digital presentation for parents explaining the issue of controversial literature. If you are able to obtain the literature selection and censorship policy of your school district, use that as a guide. If not, refer to the censorship guidelines of the American Library Association.
Include in your presentation:
- Brief history of censorship in literature taught in schools
- Summary of book selection and censorship policies
- Examples of banned and challenged books, and why they were banned or challenged
- Explanation of students’ rights in selecting their own reading material
- How parents can communicate their concerns about a literature selection to the teacher
- A title slide, presenter’s notes, and a reference slide
Support your work with 3-5 scholarly resources.