PS540 Kaplan University Organizational Leadership Strategies Presentation
This Discussion will be focusing on the pioneering work on organizational leadership done by one of the 10 best known business leaders today — John C. Maxwell. Almost every business leader in the world knows who John C. Maxwell is, so you should also become familiar with his work and ideas as you build your expertise in organizational leadership strategies.
For this week’s Discussion, create a PowerPoint® presentation that summarizes and critiques the chapter that you were assigned to read in John C. Maxwell’s book, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You.
- Since your classmates have not read your chapter, you must summarize the chapter sufficiently for them to understand all the key ideas. It is expected that your PowerPoint will therefore contain at least five slides, each presenting one of the main ideas of the chapter. You should also include examples of these main points; you may use examples from the book or your own examples to illustrate the ideas you are conveying.
- Then, once you have summarized the chapter thoroughly, clearly, and succinctly in five slides, please present at least two slides that critique the information you have presented. Your critique can include the following information:
- Do you agree or disagree with Maxwell, and why?
- Is there a flaw in Maxwell’s logic?
- Were the arguments he made supported by data?
- Were the examples he gave of broad enough applicability to illustrate this as a general principal of leadership?
- Are you convinced of the arguments presented in the chapter — why or why not?
Your completed presentation should:
- Be seven (7) slides in length (not including title slide and References slide, if applicable)
- Engage the audience by including images, tables, graphs, charts, etc., to illustrate the information already contained in the text.