HRM350 Colorado State University Nola Web Design Consultancy Report
Joe works for a 60-employee web-design company. He has been late to work seven times in the last month and has returned from lunch late three times within the last month. Due to his tardiness he has been late on two web-design projects he was assigned. Currently Joe gets paid $23.00 an hour, has ten days a year paid time off, and a free public transportation pass. Joe thinks that his pay and benefits are fine. Joe would like to work from home periodically as he is often distracted by others who like to socialize at work.
Construct a consultancy report that is 7-10 pages in length and includes:
- A review of the case
- Identify performance concerns
- Identify theory and concepts that impact compensation and performance
- Consider coaching approaches
- Recommend improvement initiatives
- Consider compensation factors
Final Paper Instructions:
- Include an introduction. It must provide a clear statement of your position on the topic.
- Your paper must be at 7-10 pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Examine each area of the consultancy report by providing citations from at least five sources. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find sources.
- A credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.
- The paper shall comply with the requirements defined within the CSU-Global APA Guidelines (Links to an external site.).
- Refer to the Portfolio Project rubric for grading criteria.
Your paper is expected to have depth and offer a thoughtful analysis. It should be based on references to scholarly materials (rather than on introductory textbooks, popular website writings, or musings, for example) and should support your claims with evidence.
The most common mistakes in writing an essay are, a) simply summarizing the topic and not analyzing it or discussing your views, and b) failing to relate the subject to the broader context as discussed in class and as found in the readings.
The paper and preliminary deliverables must be well written and formatted in conformity with the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. (Links to an external site.)