HIST101 Grossmont Columbian Exchange and Protestant Reformation Questions
1.What political, economic, and technological factors allowed Spain and Portugal to explore new trade routes?
2. Why were the Spanish able to establish a territorial empire in the New World
3. What were the long-term political effects of the Protestant Reformation.
4.Who was Machiavelli and what political advice did he advocate?
5.What were the most important elements of the Columbian exchange?
6.How did the Atlantic system affect Europe, Africa, and the Americas?
7.Discuss the events that led to the decline of the Mughal Empire?
8.. Why did Peter the Great wish to modernize Russia on the Western Model?
9.How did events in the eighteenth century lead to industrialization in the nineteenth century? What was the most important catalyst for industrialization?
10. Discuss the significance of the Factory Act of 1833 and the Mine Act 1842?6.
11.Discuss the causes and consequences of the French Revolution?
12. What were the causes of the Crimean War and how did warfare change ?
13. Why were the Ottoman and Qing Empires vulnerable to Western pressure in the nineteenth century?
14.. Discuss the causes and consequences of the Taiping Rebellion.