Griggs International Scientific Method and Critical Reasoning Discussion
Using the Scientific Method to Challenge our Thinking
Using the concepts and ideas by Lau and Chan (2017), write an essay in response to the following prompts:
- How does the scientific method aid human critical reasoning processes?
- How and why have you made assumptions or inferences on important matters, regardless of data or evidence to the contrary? Examples here might include: fad diets, telepathy, precognition, psychokinesis, vaccinations, UFOs, magnetic therapy, apparitions, cold fusion, Bigfoot, alternative forms of medicines, genetically modified plants, etc.
- Describe how you have thought about this issue and analyze how you could improve your critical reasoning on this issue using the scientific method.
- Cite your sources to support your interpretations.
- Include at least one or two scholarly sources.
- Your paper should be APA formatted and three to four pages in length
- Papers should be double-spaced, 12-point font Times New Roman.
- Include a brief introduction, a conclusion, and a reference page.