Final Project Paper Proposal
The purpose of the final project is to communicate the analyst’s findings upon completion of a detailed analysis of the current system. It also is intended to communicate the proposed approach to be used in continuing the project into the next phase. You may select an existing company and identify improvements to a system or you can use your own company. The company must be approved by the instructor.
The proposal will actually consist of the purpose, history, and scope located in the final project template (be sure you can see the blue hidden text in the template which has additional instructions to guide you).
- Purpose: Include the name of the system and the purpose of your evaluation.
- History: 1-3 paragraph description of the history of the company and the events that led you to choose that company.
- Scope: 1-2 paragraph description of the scope of the system that you will study in detail.
Use the. Then “copy and paste” just these three sections into a Word document. Include the title page, “Proposal,” and reference page. Keep an inclusive report at all times with every section since the entire report with all sections will be submitted at the end of the course. Please double space the document and list helpful Web links about the company that may assist the instructor in approving the project.
The Final Project Paper Proposal
- Must be double-spaced, in 12 point font, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of proposal
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.