Do you think federal government involvement in education is beneficial? AND Educational timeline
There are two parts to the assignment.
Both parts must be completed in different documents.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
This week focuses on historical foundations of education in the United States. Do you think federal government involvement in education is beneficial? Why or why not? Explain and provide rationale to support your response.
Create a timeline using an online resource (e.g., Office Timeline, MyHistro, OurStory, Timeline JS) to display how education has evolved throughout your lifetime.
- Include a minimum of eight entries. At least six of those entries must describe important government mandates that have made major contributions to the field of education. Include examples of federal and state mandates.
- All entries on your timeline must be supported by an explanation and proper citation.
Write a 350- to 525-word summary on the following topics:
- The current organizational structure of the American educational system
- How the events described on your timeline influenced your decision to become a teacher
- What you hope to contribute to the field of education
Include APA-formatted in-text citations and a reference page.