Cultural Developments from Past Humanities in Modern Life Essay
For this assessment, complete the following in an 8–10-page essay:
- Compile a list of twenty significant cultural developments from the past. You may use the Personal Significance interactive media piece (linked in the assessment resource activity) to help assemble this list:
- Describe the cultural developments you noted and then evaluate their applications to modern life.
- Notice any compelling themes. Are there any common themes or persistent forms of expression, or especially vital historical periods, among your choices? Think about what the items you selected say about who you are and what gives your life meaning.
- Consider how these developments impact your everyday life in a personal way. The cultural background of humanities disciplines provide some structure, of course, but what really matters are your own feelings, perceptions, thoughts, and decisions.
- How does an understanding of the humanities impact your life?
- How do you integrate the philosophical, religious, and aesthetic values of the humanities into daily living?
This essay will be an intensely personal one—make it a worthwhile exercise.
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 8–10 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.