CRJ620 Ashford University Intervention Plan & Organizational Behavior Paper
For this assignment, you will create a practical and realistic intervention plan to evaluate and correct each of the concerns in the scenario you chose in Week Two. The assignments you have completed in Weeks Two through Five have included elements of this intervention plan. Within this final assignment, you must address the intervention techniques necessary for each concern incorporating feedback from your previous assignments and supporting your statements with elements from your text and the nine scholarly and/or professional sources you researched for the Week Two annotated bibliography. The intervention plan should allow the organization to correct the issues and avoid future issues of a similar nature.
The Intervention Plan must include the following elements.
- Begin by reviewing the feedback from your Week Two assignment and the comments you received in the Week Two discussion and then explain the organizational behavior(s) present in the law enforcement or correctional organization in your chosen scenario and identify the elements that led to the problem(s) that arose. Recommend intervention strategies to deal with these issues. Identify the steps necessary to implement these strategies including any required resources. Describe how these resources will be fiscally responsible.
- Begin by reviewing the feedback from your Week Three assignment and then evaluate the policies that existed at the time the incidents described within the scenario occurred. Recommend necessary policy changes to address the identified problem(s) and provide a rationale for any changes. Applying theoretical concepts of management and leadership for law enforcement or correctional organizations, describe how you would implement these policies.
- Begin by reviewing the feedback from your Week Four assignment and then analyze the larger institutional behavior inherent to the law enforcement or corrections organization in the chosen scenario. Identify any cultural issues within the individual organization that contribute to and potentially exacerbate the problem(s) that arose in the scenario. Evaluate whether there were any violations of criminal law. Recommend changes that would bring the individual organizations into line with the overarching institutional guidelines.
- Review the work you completed and comments you received in the Week Five discussion and then evaluate the effects of communication, professional development on the individual organization in the chosen scenario. Explain how the media influenced agency operations at the time. Recommend how the media could be used to positively influence the outcome of the situation. Analyze the internal communication, both written and verbal, within the organization. Recommend changes in communications policies that would improve the professionalism of the organization. Explain changes in training and professional development that are necessary to enhance and improve organizational behaviors. Include for whom within the agency this training and professional development would be mandated.
- Assess the potential impact of human resources policies on the law enforcement or correctional organization and its culture. Create recruitment strategies that would alleviate identified cultural issues within the organization. Provide a rationale for each strategy that addresses aspects including issues such as gender, race, ethnicity, experience, and education.
The Intervention Plan
- Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least 9 scholarly and/or professional sources in addition to the course text. Each scenario lists resources including news articles providing documented facets of the scenarios. The resources provided with your chosen scenario are permitted to be used as sources for your Intervention Plan.