communication124 DB 2
Participants must create a thread in order to view other threads in this forum.
- Check grammar and spelling before you post.
- You cannot edit or delete your post after you submit it.
- Do not attach your assignment to the thread.
- Do not post a response to your original post with additional information or materials.
Chapter 3: After reading Chapter 3, return to the section titled “Identity: Individualism–Collectivism Value Pattern,” reflect on your culture’s value pattern, post a thoughtful response to the following questions:
- Give at least one example that demonstrates the individualistic or collectivistic value pattern of your own culture.
- Give at least one example that demonstrates the individualistic or collectivistic value pattern in the United States (not from the textbook or Google!)
- To which section of the iceberg model (Chapter 1) does your example belong? Why?
Chapter 4: After reading Chapter 4, return to the section titled “Ethnic-Racial Identity Change Process” post a thoughtful response to the following questions:
- What initial reaction did you have?
- What insights did you gain by understanding the various stages of ethnic identity development?
- How does understanding this model allow you to be a more flexible communicator?