Can you create a bench mark lesson plan?
For this benchmark, use your field experience placement hours. You will implement a revised lesson plan for listening, speaking, reading, and writing. After implementing the revised lesson plan, you will assess student learning. You will reflect on the lesson implementation and use of the assessment results to inform future lessons.
Based on one of the lessons created in Topics 4 through 6:
- Revise and implement one of the lesson plans from Topics 4 through 6.
- Assess students’ learning using the “Preschool and Kindergarten Monitoring Assessments” or “Preschool and Kindergarten Monitoring Assessments for Advanced Learners” from the textbook to gather data about the students’ literacy proficiencies. In 500‐750‐words, summarize your post‐test findings and examine the assessment data for future application, include your goals, curriculum, and teaching strategies.
For “Preschool and Kindergarten Monitoring Assessments,” include the following:
- Letter recognition
- Name writing task
- Writing alphabet task
- Concept of print task
- Phonological awareness task: Generating rhyming words
- Phonemic awareness task: Isolating beginning sounds
- Oral comprehension and vocabulary task
For “Preschool and Kindergarten Monitoring Assessments for Advanced Learners,” include the following:
- Letter recognition
- Invented Spelling
- Finger point reading
- Locate words in finger point reading text
- Reading familiar rhyming words
- Writing familiar rhyming words
- Write a 500‐750‐word reflection based on the feedback you received from the classroom teacher and personal observations about the experience, explain the following:
- A brief explanation of the classroom teacher’s suggestions that you used from the previous time the lesson was written.
- Strengths and opportunities for growth. Provide specific evidence from your lesson.
- What would you do differently if you taught this lesson again? Be sure to provide specific examples.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. Standards and program competencies assessed in the benchmark assessment:
- NAEYC: 3a, 5c
- InTASC: 2a, 6c
- COE Program Competencies:
2.3: Apply appropriate curriculum, content standards, and early learning standards to plan, implement, and evaluate developmentally meaningful and challenging learning opportunities for each child. (NAEYC 5c; InTASC 2a)3.1: Examine assessments and other performance data to develop appropriate goals, curriculum, and teaching strategies for young children. (NAEYC 3a; InTASC 6c) I am adding the two lesson plans